This week’s themes are Table Manners,and Eating at School.
Ask your child about having good table manners, and the following questions.
- Who is the hostess?
- The hostess is the female of the house.
- Where does the hostess sit?
- She sits at the head of one end of the dining table.
- Who is the host, and where does he sit?
- The host is the male of the house, and he sits at the other end of the table.
- What is the first thing you do when you sit down?
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- When can you start eating?
- When everyone is seated, is served his food, and the hostess has taken her first bite.
Ask your child about what it means to have good manners when eating at school, and ask the following questions.
- When we are at lunch, it is a time to take a break and have fun, so can we use a loud voice, or do we need to use a quiet voice?
- A quiet voice.
- If we do not like everything in our lunch, should we only eat the things we like?
- No, at least try everything that is in our lunch.
- Is it okay to throw food?
- Since we are eating lunch with our friends, do we have to use our good manners?
- Yes, always use your best manners.
- If someone is sitting alone, what should we do?
- Eat with him.