Ask your child about having balanced and healthy meals, and ask the following questions.
- Name some healthy foods that you like to eat.
- What is a balanced meal?
- When you have all healthy foods, and only one treat, such as a soft drink, or a dessert.
- What would be a good substitute for French fries?
- What would be a good substitute for a soft drink?
· How can it be considered rude if we do not try everything that we are served?
o The person who cooked it may offer to make you something else, if she notices that you are not eating. We never want to make a hostess or host feel like they have to do something special for us.
Ask your child about having good restaurant manners, and ask the following questions.
- Who is the first person who greets us at the door, with menus?
- The host or hostess.
- What is the first thing we do when we sit down at our table?
- Put a napkin on our lap.
- If a utensil falls on the ground, what should we do?
- Politely tell the server, and let him or her bring a new one.
- What is the extra money called that we leave for a server?
- A tip.
- What do we do if someone we know (or our parents know) comes by our table to say hello?
- We introduce them to everyone at the table, and stop eating until they leave.