Doors, Elevators, Escalators
Ask your child the following questions about Doors.
When you go through a door, do you need to be aware if anyone is behind you?
If someone is behind you, or a few steps from the door, what should you do?
You should to hold the door open for them.
If you are trying to go in to the school, at the same time someone is coming out, who should go through the door first?
Let the person out of the school first, before you go into the school.
When someone opens a door for you, what do you say?
Ask your child the following questions about Elevators.
- If you are standing, and waiting for an elevator, and people need to get off, should you get on before they get off, or after they get off?
- After they get off.
- What if you get in, and you are not on the side that has the panel of buttons with the choice of floors?
- Then you ask the person next to it the panel of buttons to please push your floor.
- If you are on an elevator, and you are the person near the panel of buttons, then ask people what floor they need.
- If you are getting off an elevator with several other people, who should get off first?
- Ladies should be allowed to get off first.
- People with large items, such as luggage, should be allowed to get off first.
Ask your child the following questions about Escalators.
- People who stand on their stair the whole time, do they stand on the right side, or the left side?
- The right side.
- People who walk up or down the escalator, should they stand on the right side or left side?
- Left side.
- If you are walking up the escalator, what do you say to the people who choose to stand there?
- Excuse me.