This week's themes are Conversations, Good Listener, and Shopping Manners.
Ask your child about what it means to be a good Conversationalist
- It means you are not only a good talker, but you are a good listener.
- You know when to stop talking.
- You do not argue with others.
- You do not use un-necessary words, such as basically, umm, etc… (called Justifiers)
- You learn how to make “small talk.”
Ask your child the following questions about being a good listener:
- Can you name some examples of when you have to be a good listener?
- When do you have a hard time listening to people?
- What are some ways that you get refocused, and make yourself listen to someone, when you do not want to?
Ask your child about good Shopping manners:
- When at a grocery store, should you walk like a lady or gentleman, or ride on the side of the cart?
- Is it okay to put things in the cart without permission?
- Is it okay to whine, because you do not like to shop?
- Should you tickle your brother or sister while in a store, or walk like a lady or gentleman by your mom or dad’s side?