This week's themes include Telephone Manners, and Calling 911.
Ask your child about talking on the telephone and having good telephone manners.
Ask your child the following questions:
- How do we answer the phone, and what do we say before we hang up?
- Hello and Good-bye
- What is something good to talk about on the phone?
- Ask someone how there day is going, and what we are doing that day.
- Is it okay to play a video game or look at our IPad when on the phone?
- No, we should give the person our full attention.
Ask your child to role-play with you what he would say when Calling 911.
Ask your child the reasons that you would call 911:
- There is a fire.
- A tricky person is telling you to help him find his lost pet, when you are playing.
- A tricky person tries to get you to go into his car for any reason.
- A person stops breathing.
- A person is unconscious.
- A person will not wake up.
- A person bangs on your door and says he is the police, when you did not call a police officer.