The themes of the week at Mrs. McVeigh's Manners are: Morning Routines, Get Your Room Organized, and Conversations. Here are some questions to ask your child about each subject.
Ask your child about Morning Routines!
• Ask your child to what the word “routine” means.
o Regular, a habit, or a practice.
• Ask your child what kind of things he should get done each morning, to complete his morning routine.
o Get up on time, eat breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed, get backpack and lunch, etc…
• Ask your child what you can do to help him start his new routine tomorrow.
Ask your child about Getting his Room Organized!
• Ask your child what he can do to make his room more organized.
• Ask your child what the three piles are when you are cleaning out your closet and room.
o Keep pile, give away pile, throw out/recycle pile.
• Ask your child if towels belong in their room, or in their bathroom, hung up on the towel rack.
Ask your child about what it means to be a good Conversationalist
• It means you are not only a good talker, but you are a good listener.
• You know when to stop talking.
• You do not argue with others.
• You do not use justifiers (words such as basically, umm, etc…)
• What is “small talk?”