Ask your child about Texting
Ask your younger child the following questions:
- Is it okay to use someone else’s phone without permission to text someone?
- Is it okay to look at someone else’s phone texts?
Ask your older child the following questions:
- When texting someone, is it okay to say something bad about someone else?
- Why not?
- It is not nice.
- Also the person you send the text to could show it to the person that you are talking about.
- What is text speak?
- Abbreviated or shortened words.
- Is it okay to text speak adults?
- Probably not, because they may not know what you mean.
Ask your child about Video Conferences
- Can other people see you on a Video Conference?
- Can they see other people who are close to you?
- Can they hear you?
- How can you make it so people do not see you?
- Turn off your camera.
- How can you make it so people do not hear you?
- Find the button that says “Mute.”
- Can you talk anytime you want on a video conference?
- No. You need to ask permission by raising your hand, like you would in person.
- Is it okay to eat or chew gum on a video conference?
- Is it okay to drink on a video conference?