Ask your child about social media.
- Name two types of social media.
- Is it okay to lie about your age to get onto social media?
- If you post something on social media, and then change your mind, can you take it down?
- Yes, but it is still could be seen or found later.
- Is it okay to take a picture of video of someone and then post it on social media without asking them?
- Should we become friends with people on social media who we have never met before?
Ask your child about talking on the telephone and having good Telephone manners.
Ask your younger child the following questions:
- How do we answer the phone, and what do we say before we hang up?
- Hello and Good-bye
- What is something good to talk about on the phone?
- Ask someone how there day is going, and what we are doing that day.
- Is it okay to play a video game or look at our IPad when on the phone?
- No, we should give the person our full attention.
Ask your older child the following questions:
- Should you answer a cell phone at a movie?
- Is it okay to have your cell phone at the table while eating.
- Is it okay to text your friends anytime?