This week's Mrs. McVeigh's Manners Themes of the Week are Shopping and School.
Ask your child about good Shopping manners:
- When at a grocery store, should you walk like a lady or gentleman, or ride on the side of the cart?
- Is it okay to put things in the cart without permission?
- Is it okay to whine, because you do not like to shop?
- Should you tickle your brother or sister while in a store, or walk like a lady or gentleman by your mom or dad’s side?
Ask your child about what it means to have good manners at School, and the following questions!
- Give an example of using a respectful tone.
- Saying “yes,” instead of “yeah.”
- When a teacher asks you to do something, when should you do it?
- Right away.
- Should you do what you want, or what your teacher wants you to do?
- What the teacher wants.
- Why is that?
- For the whole class to have a good day and learn a lot, the teacher has to have all the students follow her rules.