This week’s Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners Themes of the Week are Calling 911 and Respecting Differences.
Ask your child the reasons that you would call 911:
- There is a fire.
- A tricky person is telling you to help him find his lost pet, when you are playing.
- A tricky person tries to get you to go into his car for any reason.
- A person stops breathing.
- A person is unconscious.
- A person will not wake up.
- A person bangs on your door and says he is the police, when you did not call a police officer.
What are three things to remember about Respecting People who are Different that you?
- Never stare at anyone who is different than you.
- Never make fun of someone’s differences.
- Give everyone a chance to be your friend.