This week Mrs. McVeigh's Manners themes of the week are Utensils and Eating at School.
Ask your child the following questions about Utensil use.
- What is a utensil?
- A fork, knife, or spoon.
- What are serving utensils?
- Larger utensils, that are used to serve food.
- Can you please show me how to:
- Hold your fork.
- How to cut.
- How to rest your utensils.
- Finished position.
Use the hand-out to make sure your student is doing this correctly.
Ask your child about what it means to have good manners when Eating at School, and ask the following questions.
- When we are at lunch, it is a time to take a break and have fun, so can we use a loud voice, or do we need to use a quiet voice?
- A quiet voice.
- If we do not like everything in our lunch, should we only eat the things we like?
- No, at least try everything that is in our lunch.
- Is it okay to throw food?
- Since we are eating lunch with our friends, do we have to use our good manners?
- Yes, always use your best manners.
- If someone is sitting alone, what should we do?
- Eat with him.