This week Mrs. McVeigh's Manners themes are How to Set the Table and Table Manners.
Ask your child to show you how he/she can set a table using the picture above as a guide.
Tip: Even if you do not have the whole family together for dinner, sit down together with the family members that are at home, even if it is just one adult, and one child.
Ask your child about having good table manners, and the following questions.
- Who is the hostess?
- The hostess is the female of the house.
- Where does the hostess sit?
- She sits at the head of one end of the dining table.
- Who is the host, and where does he sit?
- The host is the male of the house, and he sits at the other end of the table.
- What is the first thing you do when you sit down?
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- When can you start eating?
- When everyone is seated, is served his food, and the hostess has taken her first bite.