This week Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners themes are Appearance and Meeting and Greeting. Here are some questions to ask your child about these topics.
Ask your child about having a good Appearance.
What are some ways we can have a good or favorable appearance?
- Look clean.
- Smell good.
- Teeth get brushed in the morning and before we go to bed.
- Hair combed.
- Fingernails look good.
- Appropriate and clean clothing.
Ask your child about Meeting and Greeting people!
Ask your child to show you how to meet or greet adults, and look for the three things that we discussed.
- Stand up straight and tall, and have good eye contact.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Use a clear and loud enough voice.
- What do you do if you do not feel comfortable shaking hands, such as you have a cold?
- You can wave and say, “I am sorry, but I should not shake hands because I may have a cold. But it is so nice to meet you.”