This week’s themes are Restaurant and Travel manners.
Ask your child about having good restaurant manners, and ask the following questions.
• Who is the first person who greets us at the door, with menus?
o The host or hostess.
• What is the first thing we do when we sit down at our table?
o Put a napkin on our lap.
• If a utensil falls on the ground, what should we do?
o Politely tell the server, and let him or her bring a new one.
• What is the extra money called that we leave for a server?
o A tip.
• What do we do if someone we know (or our parents know) comes by our table to say hello?
o We introduce them to everyone at the table, and stop eating until they leave.
Ask your children about having good manners when they Travel
• What do we say to our parents before and after a vacation?
o Thank you for taking me on vacation.
• Is it okay to fight with our brothers and sisters on a trip?
• When traveling, should we have our things all over our room, or nice and neat?
• Is it okay to do our own thing, or should we stay close to our parents or group at all times?
Watch Professor Maynard and Mrs. McVeigh talk about how to have good restaurant manners at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFJZYqC1Nw&feature=related