This week our manners themes are Restaurants, and Travel. Here are some questions to ask your child.
Ask your child about having good restaurant manners, and ask the following questions.
• Who is the first person who greets us at the door, with menus?
o The host or hostess.
• What is the first thing we do when we sit down at our table?
o Put a napkin on our lap.
• If a utensil falls on the ground, what should we do?
o Politely tell the server, and let him or her bring a new one.
• What is the extra money called that we leave for a server?
o A tip.
• What do we do if someone we know (or our parents know) comes by our table to say hello?
o We introduce them to everyone at the table, and stop eating until they leave.
Ask your children about having good manners when they Travel
• What do we say to our parents before and after a vacation?
o Thank you for taking me on vacation.
• Is it okay to fight with our brothers and sisters on a trip?
• When traveling, should we have our things all over our room, or nice and neat?
• Is it okay to do our own thing, or should we stay close to our parents or group at all times?