Tricky People/Stranger Danger, How to Stop a Bully
Ask your child the following questions about Tricky People.
- What is a tricky person?
- People who we do not know, and try to talk to us when there is not an adult around.
- People we do know who make us feel uncomfortable.
- People we should stay away from.
- People who we may not use our best manners with, if we need to get away from them quickly.
- How do we handle Tricky People?
- Get away from the Tricky person as soon as possible.
- Tell an adult we trust if a person makes us uncomfortable.
Ask your child the following questions about how to stop a bully.
- Should you use a confident, or an unsure voice when speaking to a bully?
- If you are on the playground, should you play close to your teacher, or away from your teacher?
- Should you try to have friends around you, or be alone with a bully?
- Should you look and act scared when you are talking to a bully?
- Why or why not?