This week's themes include: Thankyou Notes, Sharing, and Patience.
Ask your child the following questions about thank you notes:
- Why do we write thank you notes?
- So people know we appreciate their gift.
- What kind of paper should we use when writing a thank you note?
- Did you write a thank you note to someone today, and/or make your own stationery?
- Who was your thank you to, and what did it say?
Ask your child the following questions about sharing:
- Who can give me an example of how you have shared with someone in the past few days?
- Why do you think that sharing is important?
- Are there some things that you should not share?
- Do not share homework, and test answers.
Ask your child the following questions about being patient.
- Can you name some examples of when you have to be patient?
- Waiting your turn on the slide.
- Waiting your turn to play during a game.
- Waiting for Christmas or our birthday.
- What are some ideas on how to become more patient?
- When being patient in a line, consider doing something else, and then come back, and see if the line is shorter.
- If you do wait in a line, talking to the people around you makes time go faster.
- If you are waiting for your parent to get off the phone, think of something to play with until they are done.