This week's Mrs. McVeigh's Manners themes are Car/Carpool and Hotels.
Ask your child about what it means to have good manners in the car, and the following questions!
- If someone is going to pick us up, how can we show that we are ready?
- Wait outside for them, or at least sit by the window and be ready to go out the door quickly.
- What do we do as soon as we get into a car?
- We shut the door, sit down, and buckle our seat belt.
- Is it okay to put our feet up on the back of the seats? Why?
- You will get the seats dirty, and it could be distracting to the driver.
- What are some things that could distract the driver?
- Being noisy, throwing things, asking to change the radio station too many times…
Ask your child the following questions about Hotels:
- Who is the person who parks your car at a hotel?
- Who takes your bags when you drive-up to a hotel?
- The Bellman.
- Do you tip the person at the front desk?
- Do you tip the housekeeper, bellman, and valet?
- Should you use a loud, or a quiet voice at a hotel?
- Should you be messy or very neat in your hotel room?
- Very neat.