This week’s themes is Parties Arriving, and Parties Departing.
Ask your child the following questions about arrivals at a birthday party:
• When arriving at a birthday party, should you run through the house, and look for what there is to do?
No, you should say “Happy Birthday” to the birthday boy or girl, and ask where to put the present.
• When guests arrive at your party, what should you do?
o Greet them at the door
o Give them direction on what to do.
o Introduce them to someone, if they do not know any of the guests.
• When someone walks in with a gift, what should you do?
o Let them hand it to you, and say “thank you.”
Ask your child the following questions about departures at a birthday party:
• When leaving a birthday party, who are the three people that you should thank?
o The birthday person.
o The birthday person’s mom.
o The birthday person’s dad.
• You are leaving a birthday party, have thanked your hosts, and you see the goodie bags, should you ask for your goodie bag, or wait for your hosts to offer you a goodie bag?
• If your host does not offer you a goodie bag, should you take one as you leave, or not worry about it? (The host will realize his error and probably bring one to you the next day.)