This week the focus is on Restaurant Manners and Morning Routines. If your child has a good morning routine, then he will not be late getting where he needs to go every morning. It is rude to be late, and to make people wait.
Ask your child about having good restaurant manners, and ask the following questions.
• Who is the first person who greets us at the door, with menus?
o The host or hostess.
• What is the first thing we do when we sit down at our table?
o Put a napkin on our lap.
• If a utensil falls on the ground, what should we do?
o Politely tell the server, and let him or her bring a new one.
• What is the extra money called that we leave for a server?
o A tip.
• What do we do if someone we know (or our parents know) comes by our table to say hello?
o We introduce them to everyone at the table, and stop eating until they leave.
Ask your child about Morning Routines
• Ask your child to what the word “routine” means.
o Regular, a habit, or a practice.
• Ask your child what kind of things he should get done each morning, to complete his morning routine.
o Get up on time, eat breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed, get backpack and lunch, etc…
• Ask your child what you can do to help him start his new routine tomorrow.