This Week’s Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners Themes of the Week Includes Sad Occasions and Thank you Notes.
Ask your child what to do when someone they someone they know has a Sad Occasion:
- Tell them we are sorry as soon as we see them.
- Be a good listener.
- Write them a note.
- Take them food.
- Do anything you can think of to cheer them up.
Ask your child the following questions about Thank You Notes:
- Why do we write thank you notes?
- So people know we appreciate their gift.
- What kind of paper should we use when writing a thank you note?
- Is it okay to text or email someone a thank you?
- If you do, then you need to follow up with a hand-written note on stationery.