The Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners Themes of the Week are Car and Carpool & Airplane Manners.
Ask your child about what it means to have good manners in the Car, and the following questions!
- If someone is going to pick us up, how can we show that we are ready?
- Wait outside for them, or at least sit by the window and be ready to go out the door quickly.
- What do we do as soon as we get into a car?
- We shut the door, sit down, and buckle our seat belt.
- Is it okay to put our feet up on the back of the seats? Why?
- You will get the seats dirty, and it could be distracting to the driver.
- What are some things that could distract the driver?
- Being noisy, throwing things, asking to change the radio station too many times…
Ask your child the following questions about Airplanes:
- Should you have an extra quiet voice on an airplane? Why or why not?
- Can you get up anytime and move around?
- Name some good activities on an airplane.