This week's Mrs. McVeigh's Manners Themes are Appearance and Conversations. Here are some questions to ask your student.
Ask your child about having a good Appearance.
What are some ways we can have a good or favorable appearance?
• Look clean.
• Smell good.
• Teeth get brushed in the morning and before we go to bed.
• Hair combed.
• Fingernails look good.
• Appropriate and clean clothing.
Ask your child about what it means to be a good Conversationalist
• It means you are not only a good talker, but you are a good listener.
• You know when to stop talking.
• You do not argue with others.
• You do not use un-necessary words, such as basically, umm, etc… (called Justifiers)
• You learn how to make “small talk.”