This week’s Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners Themes of the Week are Tricky People/Stranger Danger and Bullies.
Ask your child the following questions about Tricky People/Stranger Danger:
- What is a tricky person?
- People we do not know.
- People who look nice and normal.
- People we should stay away from.
- People we should run away from if they try to talk to us when we are not with an adult, such as our parents.
- If we get lost, what should we do?
- Look for the person who is handling the money (cashier, check-out person).
- Look for a mom that looks like one of the moms that we are usually around.
- DO NOT go with a man or someone that we do not know!
Ask your child the following questions about How to Stop a Bully:
- If someone is being mean to you, should you act or look scared?
- NO! Look confident.
- If someone is bullying you, should be stay close to an adult, or move away from adults.
- Stay close to adults. Bullies do not like getting in trouble.
- If you cannot get rid of a bully, what should you do?
- Get your friends to stick close to you.
- Tell your parents and ask for their help.