This week's Mrs. McVeigh's Manners Themes of the Week are Escalators and Pets.
Ask your child the following questions about Escalators.
- Should you always get on the escalator first?
- Not if there are other people who are waiting. Especially if they are disabled or older.
- If you want to pass people, what side do you pass them? The right side or left side?
- You pass them on the left.
- Is it okay to go up and escalator the wrong way?
- Is it okay to ride the rail of an escalator?
Ask your child the following questions about Pets.
- Is it okay to tease a pet?
- Is it okay to touch or play with a pet when they are eating
- If you see a pet on a walk, can you touch (pet) the pet?
- Always get permission to touch or play with someone else’s pet, because not all animals are friendly.