The Mrs. McVeigh’s Manners Themes of the Week are Parties Arriving and Parties Departing
Ask your child the following questions about Arrivals at a Party:
- When arriving at a birthday party, should you run through the house, and look for what there is to do?
- No, you should say “Happy Birthday” to the birthday boy or girl, and ask where to put the present.
- When guests arrive at your party, what should you do?
- Greet them at the door
- Give them direction on what to do.
- Introduce them to someone, if they do not know any of the guests.
- When someone walks in with a gift, what should you do?
- Let them hand it to you, and say “thank you.”
Ask your child the following questions about Departures at a Party:
- When leaving a party, who are the three people that you should thank?
- Your friend.
- Your friend’s mom.
- Your friend’s dad.
- You are leaving a birthday party, have thanked your hosts, and you see the goodie bags, should you ask for your goodie bag, or wait for your hosts to offer you a goodie bag?
- If your host does not offer you a goodie bag, should you take one as you leave, or not worry about it? (The host will realize his error and probably bring one to you the next day.)