Ask your child about Meeting and Greeting people!
Ask your child to show you how to meet or greet adults, and look for the three things that we discussed.
- Stand up straight and tall, and have good eye contact.
- Have a firm handshake.
- Use a clear and loud enough voice.
- What do you do if you do not feel comfortable shaking hands, such as you have a cold?
- You can wave and say, “I am sorry, but I should not shake hands because I may have a cold. But it is so nice to meet you.”
Ask your child about having good table manners, and the following questions.
- Who is the hostess?
- The hostess is the female of the house.
- Where does the hostess sit?
- She sits at the head of one end of the dining table.
- Who is the host, and where does he sit?
- The host is the male of the house, and he sits at the other end of the table.
- What is the first thing you do when you sit down?
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- When can you start eating?
- When everyone is seated, is served his food, and the hostess has taken her first bite.