This week’s themes of the week are Table Manners, School Bus, and Mistakes.
Ask your child about having good table manners, and the following questions.
• Who is the hostess?
o The hostess is the female of the house.
• Where does the hostess sit?
o She sits at the head of one end of the dining table.
• Who is the host, and where does he sit?
o The host is the male of the house, and he sits at the other end of the table.
• What is the first thing you do when you sit down?
o Put your napkin on your lap.
• When can you start eating?
o When everyone is seated, is served his food, and the hostess has taken her first bite.
Ask your child the following questions about riding a school bus:
• Should you have an extra quiet voice on a school bus? Why or why not?
• Can you get up anytime and move around?
• Is it okay to shout to your friend across the aisle?
• What should you do if someone is bothering you while on the bus?
o If someone is bothering you, get up and inform the driver when the bus is stopped.
Ask your child about making Mistakes.
• Does everyone make mistakes? YES
• How should you handle a mistake?
• Apologize once – in a good tone of voice – and tell the person how you can fix it.